Visiting Our Workshop
If you would like to visit our workshop you would be more than welcome. We no longer have a foundry but can show you around our workshop and tell you the story of how Gillett’s has evolved from its start in 1844. On arrival you will be met by one of our friendly staff members who will welcome you in to our small museum area where you can enjoy looking around the displays and asking any questions you have whilst being provided with tea or coffee and a selection of biscuits and cakes.
An opportunity to stretch your legs will follow whilst you explore our workshop on a guided tour and talk to our skilled engineers. The whole tour lasts about 90 minutes and costs £10 per person. Please feel free to inform us before you arrive if there is any particular interest or display you have regarding Gillett’s and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Terms & Conditions
- All visits must be pre-booked, whether individually or as a party. Availability is on a first come first served basis.
- The cost of visiting us is £10 per person, which is payable at time of booking. Cheques should be made out to Gillett & Johnston Ltd we do not accept credit card or debit cards at present.
- The tour lasts approximately 90 minutes and involves walking and standing throughout.
- Group bookings are welcomed but only up to a maximum of 20 persons.
- Tickets will be sent to the person making the booking and must be shown on arrival.
- You should aim to arrive 15 Min’s before the tour commences and groups should all arrive together to avoid delays.
- In the unlikely event that a visit has to be cancelled,as much notice as possible will be given and an alternative date will be offered. Gillett & Johnston can not be held accountable for losses incurred as a result of such cancellation or deferment.
- Photography is permitted for personal use only.
- In accordance with the law, Gillett & Johnston Ltd operates a no smoking policy throughout its premises.
- Please be aware that we are a working workshop so please be advised that your clothes could get dirty and no open toe shoes please.
- There is Free Parking available on site
- Please be aware if you decide to use public transport there is a long walk from the Bus Stop down a muddy country lane.
- Directions to us http://www.theaa.com/maps/index.jsp
23/09/12 I am writing to you to express the society’s sincere gratitude for an extremely interesting and unusual visit to your company last Wednesday. Your company is amongst the many small British firms who go about their business quietly and efficiently, earning much needed finance, but virtually unknown to the British public who however probably see your products and services every day e.g. Supermarkets and Town Hall Clocks. Once again many thanks for a most enjoyable visit.
21/06/2013 Many thanks for the generous hospitality I experienced this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed the tour and found the whole place fascinating the master clock department. It was great to see such a variety of old clocks being cared for and brought back to life in such skillful ways. I really appreciate Mr Coombes sparing the time out of his busy day to show me all this and to share some of his interesting anecdotes with me. I had a great time!